Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas

I love this time of calm - all the presents have been made and distributed. Joyous time spent with family that I don't get to see often enough is now a happy memory. I knit a few more gifts over the past two months, and learned a couple of new techniques...
brioche knitting

and double knitting.

And I made some mittens, a hat and a dog sweater...

 (handspun Jacob & BFL)

The most complex gift was a scarf I made for my mother, at the request of my Dad. It is handspun cashmere, and a challenging lace pattern (the reason why I was learning to knit lace). It took me 6 months to spin and knit.

I think everyone liked their gifts as much as I enjoyed making them.



Now I've started a new spinning project. But more about that in the new year. To anyone who reads my blog, I wish you peace.






No comments:

Post a Comment