Sunday, June 19, 2016

Time Flies When You Are Having Fun

I can't believe it has been so long since I've written a post. Today is Fathers Day, and we went to Thacher Park for the day.

 
 


We couldn't have asked for a better day.

Since the last time I posted, I did make the Dalarna stitch hat, and a pair of matching gloves:


I'm very pleased with how they turned out. The gloves have a 9-row cuff of Dalarna, then I switched to Oslo, with an F2 connection. I added a row of buttonhole stitch at the end, because I decided they needed a pop of color as a finishing touch.

I've also been spending a lot of time prepping for the classes I'll be teaching at Pennsic this year: Nalbinding for Lefties, Nalbinding Rings & Spots, and 16th Century Embroidery Pattern Books. I did a dry run of that class at our recent event, War of the Roses, and it went quite well. I was nervous because it is a new topic for me, and I am not an expert. But I think I was successful in spreading my enthusiasm, and it resulted in a good discussion, which is what I was hoping for.

No comments:

Post a Comment