Monday, March 6, 2017

Herringbone Cowl

Ta da:


I finished the cowl, and there is even still cold weather so I can wear it. 

My skill improved as I continued, but I still made mistakes. Here are some of the things I learned:

  • it is easier to work mindfully than to fix mistakes
  • be gentle with tension
  • be careful not to split the yarn
  • work slowly; dropped stitches are hard to pick up correctly
  • if you accidentally drop both loops, put the lower one back on the needle
  • if you want to go back to fix a mistake, tink, don't frog
As I was knitting the cowl, I was still thinking about the red socks. I decided to test out making a clock on a modern pair of socks, so I will have an idea of what to do when I reach that point on the reproduction socks. This is a close approximation of the historic design, just a little smaller, since the stitches are so much bigger:


I'm halfway done with sock two, and then I'll go back to the red socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment