Thursday, November 1, 2012

tis the season

When it gets to this time of year my thoughts turn to creating Christmas gifts. In past years I have used nalbinding to make gifts with my handspun yarn for friends and relatives - hats, socks, mittens... I decided to use this season as my "excuse" to learn new knitting techniques. I've learned cables and lace knitting (not period, but fun), as well as fair isle and brocade knitting. While I know I will never really knit like a medieval woman (the tiny needles cramp my hands), I enjoy the techniques just the same.
cable and lace scarves - the purple yarn is handspun BFL

fair isle neck warmer using handspun merino (blue) and shetland (white)

brocade knitting - the designs may be period, but my scale is much larger

2 comments:

  1. beautiful and beautifuler...love these. k2

    ReplyDelete
  2. But none of these are for you. Would you like me to knit or nalbind a gift for you? You know I'd love to.

    ReplyDelete