Friday, January 3, 2014

Goals for 2014

My first goal for 2014 is to complete the reproduction of the Ribe nalbinding mitten. I have been working on this project off and on for more than a year and a half. Part of the delay was because other priorities got in the way. More importantly, I found there was more to discover about a "simple" mitten than I had anticipated. This is the year than I will bring this project to completion.

I spent a great deal of time in 2013 doing research and writing. That isn't a bad thing, but it meant that I had less time for spinning. I feel a void, and I will not neglect my spinning in 2014.

Third, I will weave something with the flax I have spun. I will keep it small (a napkin?) so that I don't get discouraged. If I can motivate myself, I will finish the big cotton piece that is on my larger loom (and has been there, neglected, since spring).

Fourth, I will practice tablet weaving. This was a 2013 goal that I never found time for, beyond taking a class at Pennsic.

Finally, I will knit a pair of socks using my great-grandmother's pattern. I have already counted out the stitches and worked out the pattern, so this should be an easy goal to accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment