Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Goals for 2013

My first goal for 2013 is to do the best work I can for my presentation in Kalamazoo in May. There will not be much blogging until I am satisfied with my paper.

Second, the King and Queen's A&S competition this year requires only one entry. My goal is to complete my current spinning project (more on that later) in time to enter the competition in February. It was so valuable talking to the judges last year that I want to push myself to be able to have that opportunity again.

Third, I want to complete my reproduction of the Ribe mitten. I did enough research and experimentation last year that it should be possible to reach this goal. I will not start until after Kalamazoo.

Finally, I want to return to tablet weaving, to advance my understanding of the Mammen artifact.

Between these larger goals, I want to make time to try spinning flax, and practice some more with spinning silk. I have a hard time not spinning, so even while I am writing my paper I'm sure there will be time to pick up a spindle. If nothing else, it will clear my head when I get stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment